Thursday, November 3, 2011

November is Cardio Month for Me

So I need a bit more structure (I really like having structure) just one of those people I guess. 

Since I have a race coming up in December, I am going to work really hard on my cardio this month.  I will always stretch and do ab work, but I really need to kick up the cardio. 

Today at the gym I tried a bunch of machines for 10 mins each.  Silly yes, but it keeps some variety and keeps me from getting bored.  Also since my right ankle sprain I have been very cautious about using it too much or doing too much impact. 

Here is what I did today.  I stretched and did ab work (total about 15 mins).  I then did the cybex for 10 mins, the evil thigh machine (don't know what its called) for 10 mins, the ice skating machine (again don't know the name so I made up my own) and then relaxed pace on the elliptical.  I stretched again and headed out of there. 

The race in December is a 15k so my goal is about 1:45-1:50. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay Maureen! I'm the same way - I've been doing a treadmill workout for the last few weeks that I'm really loving. Just 20 min - alternating a :30 walk, 1:00 incline (like 12.0), :30 walk, and 1:00 sprint - upping speed as I go. Totally not boring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for cardio month! I haven't run in a month - but did today. So glad you've started this blog up so I can check in on you. :)

    ReplyDelete