Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Running from Zombies is dangerous!

On Saturday, hubby a friend and myself participated in the first ever Run For Your Lives 5k in Baltimore.  It was amazing.  The race started in corals every 30 mins.  We missed our 10am start by about 2 hours, the parking and shuttle buses where a NIGHTMARE.  More on that later. 

We start the run and the first obstacle come into sight.  Its a crazy high hay bale climb.  Once you get over the top all you see below you are zombies!  After a mad dash past those zombies we hit the trail to continue on.  The next item we come to is a cargo net climb.  Beware of the zombies under the net, they bite!   More trail running and then pipe tunnels to go threw.  More trail and a big hill and a hay maze which was full of mud.  Heading down hill from there, I had already lost all my flags and would officially finish as a zombie....but some man behind me fell and slid into me knocking me down.  Hubby and friend and a few other nice runners waited with me until medics came for me.  I sent everyone on their way and got an nice pack and chilled near the finish line watching people finish the race.

The after race party was great.  There were a variety of bands playing and lots of food vendors and clothes and whatnot. 

Heading back to the car after the race, we got on a shuttle bus and got to the parking lot which was now a big mud pit.  Luckily hubby has 4wheel drive so we were ok but many others were stuck along the way.  All and all a great time and I will be back next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment